JUPAS programme code: JS3741
It is about designing, developing, and improving mechanical components, products and systems to create better life for people.
從事設計, 研發, 改良機械工程組件, 產品及系統, 以改善人類生活的各個層面。
Mechanical Engineers are …
- versatile and creative thinkers
- passionate to make the world a better place
- highly competent in lots of different sectors
- professionally registered and well respected
- largely demanded by various industries
- 多才多藝, 創意思維
- 熱忱研發, 改善環境
- 技能廣泛, 勝任多方
- 專業認可, 備受尊重
- 各行各業, 大量需求
Why PolyU ME?
- we have a proud history of over 80 years
- we have a huge alumni network in a wide spectrum of industries
- we have many distinguished alumni contributing in various sectors
- we have substantial industrial partners offering internships to students
- our students can take co-op option in industrial partners firms
- our students are competent among top universities in competitions
- our graduates are almost 100% employed every year
- our recent graduates earn relatively high salaries
- 歷史悠久, 跨越八十載
- 校友網絡龐大, 遍及各行各業
- 傑出校友, 建樹良多, 貢獻社會
- 企業協作夥伴不計其數, 提供大量實習機會
- 企校合作教育, 掌握更多實踐良機
- 學生競爭力強, 屢獲殊榮
- 畢業生出路廣泛, 就業率幾近百分百
- 近年畢業生薪酬, 平均在中位線之上
BEng(Hons) Scheme in Mechanical Engineering
JUPAS Programme Code: JS3741
Students admitted into the BEng(Hons) ME Scheme will study together for the first two years and then complete their preferred award (either BEngME or BEngPAED) in the next two years until graduation. Under such arrangement, students are able to make their choices of study after they have obtained better understanding of the two programmes.
The first year of the Scheme follows the common first year curriculum widely adopted throughout the Engineering Faculty. It includes fundamentals in physics, mathematics and information-technology. The Scheme curriculum of the second year is common for both BEngME or BEngPAED awards. It includes fundamentals in materials engineering, engineering mechanics, electricity and electronics, computing, engineering design, and enhancements in mathematics. In addition to studying the same academic subjects, students will undertake the same industrial training programmes during the first two years.
Free Progamme Selection 自由選讀
Professional Recognition 專業認可
Both programme has been granted full accreditation by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE).
Career Prospects 職業前景
Entrance Requirements 入學要求
For JUPAS Applicants
Satisfy the University’s General Entrance Requirements of 4 core and 2 elective subjects with:
- Level 3 in English Language and Chinese Language; and
- Level 2 in Mathematics and Liberal Studies; and
- Level 3 in two elective subjects including Extended Modules of Mathematics (M1/M2)#.
#Note: If students have taken both M1 and M2, they will only be considered as one subject and the best grade will be taken into consideration during admission selection.
Admission Score Calculation Mechanism
- Any Best 5 Subjects – the ‘best’ 5 HKDSE subjects (after subject weightings have been applied) will be taken into account.
Subjects with the Highest Weighting
We give the highest weighting in the calculation of admission scores to the following subjects:
- Extended Modules of Mathematics
- Information & Communication Technology
- All single and combined Science subjects
For Non-JUPAS Applicants
We welcome applicants holding the qualifications of HKALE, GCEAL, IB, Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and other non-local academic qualifications. Please visit Study@PolyU website for details of entrance requirements.
For International Students and Chinese Mainland Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Students
Please visit Study@PolyU website for details of entrance requirements and application schedules.